Saturday, May 5, 2007

Six years and counting

Sadly, the cruise had to end at some time. It was a glorious time, though - full of midnight mexican buffets, chocolate melting cake (wow), gallons of Coca-Cola (to make the drink card worthwhile), a very bumpy bike ride down a 2,000' descent over 8.5 miles, tons of awesome music, and lots of time with my favorite human bean in the whole world - my wife.

Speaking of, today marks not only the end of a great vacation, but the beginning of our seventh year of marriage. Six years ago, our wedding was the last event of an extremely busy two days. On Friday I was commissioned into the Air Force and we attended the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. On Saturday, I was party to a massive 3-hr+ graduation while Rachel started getting ready. That afternoon we got hitched in front of about 250 of our closest friends and family members. It was definitely a whirlwind, but well worth it. She has complemented me in ways I never anticipated over the last six years and I am certainly a MUCH better man for knowing her.

On a side note, I would like to thank my brother for posting the last entry - I was not able to post from the cruise, but he was more than willing to help me out. So, yes, he is the coolest person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment