Monday, January 19, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

What have we been up to? Well, besides Christmas, a wonderful Chick-fil-A bowl party, company the last two weekends, Chuck E. Cheese, Hannah's 1st birthday and just digging in and getting this homeschooling routine down, just the everyday stuff.

No, really, we have just been very blessed. After nearly coming to the end of my homeschooling rope, I have a lot of hope again, and things have been better than ever. I did, at the counsel of my dear husband and several friends, buy a reading/writing/phonics curriculum so I wouldn't have to come up with so much on my own--just making educated guesses as to what to do next for him. I think he's well on target, and behaviorally and maturity-wise, I am seeing much improvement due to God's grace, and a lot of determination and consistency, and did I mention God's grace?

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, we homeschool as well. I'd be interested to see what kinds of things you are doing for your kids. Maybe a future blog post on it? :-)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 4 years ago I became interested in homeschooling and have actually reseached a few curriculums (this was pre-kids when I had in-depth time to ponder such things-- I was still a teacher then) and I just wondered which one you chose?

    I kind of keep a running tab in my bookmarks of ones that have worked for other folks and would like to know how yours goes and add it to the list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete