Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bible Study Baby Shower




I guess first of all, just in case anyone reading this blog entry doesn't know that David and I are expecting our 4th child in mid-September, I should clarify that. I guess I just did.




I also wanted to give a minute to something that has been a major part of my life since arriving to Alabama in October 2006. I have been involved in a Friday morning Bible Study made up of fellow Air Force wives that has been a most wonderful blessing in my life. I have grown in the Lord and learned to trust Him so much more over the past 2 1/2 years, and these ladies(including a few others who have already moved on) have been the firsthand witness to that journey, including all the joys and tears and challenges that accompanies such growth. I have had the joy and honor of witnessing and bearing their growth and joys and sorrows as well. It has been one of the biggest blessings of my life to have been part of a group of women so committed to living their lives for the Lord. The friendship we share together as well as my individual relationships with each of them have so often been the arms that God has used to uphold me in times of weakness.




This picture was taken at the baby shower they threw for Robbyn and I (green shirt, next to me). We had a great time eating delicious cake, playing games and laughing and sharing. But in the Air Force, as in all of life, nothing lasts forever. Come the first of July, they will all have gone on to serve God and the Air Force in different states. I do know that God will keep us together and keep us in His love, but life will change, not just for me, for all of us! With their absence, the Lord will be filling me up, I firmly know, and in His time, will bring me new sisters and grow my relationships with the ones I already have at church and in my community. He will do the same for (from L-R) Nancy, Bonnie, me, Robbyn, Lori, and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment