Sunday, January 23, 2011

Open Letter to Mark Zuckerberg

Dear Mark,

Today I am announcing my intention to defect from the facebook nation.  Please do not consider this a personal attack or even a statement regarding your creation.  Rather, I have come to the conclusion that facebook has outlived its usefulness (when comparing benefits to costs) in my life.  Don't worry, I do not intend on subverting the facebook culture by trying to convince my 391 friends to do the same - each of us must make our own choices in life; this one is mine alone.

Standing back and looking at the facebook phenomenon I cannot help but to be completely impressed at what you have done.  Connecting over a half billion people in the world is a feat that may not be rivaled in our lifetimes.  I applaud you and your efforts.  I have a profound respect for your business model, and I've even adopted one of your own corporate mantras (with credit given to you, of course) - "Fail harder".  I hope that you find much more than financial success in your endeavors and that you reach a point of true fulfillment in your family life and in your faith; after all - you can't take it with you.

Sincerely,

David S.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment: