Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Welcome to Montgomery, Alabama

Well, we are here at our new duty location in lovely, Montgomery, Alabama! Yes, it's hot. Yes, we got a ton of rain the last day or so. No, we don't have a house yet, though we will be accepting one on Monday. Yes, you can still call us on our cell phone. No, the room we are staying in is NOT big enough! Yes, all of our stuff is still loaded on the boat and in our cars, however that will change once we move in. I went to my office and started my "House-hunting" leave, so I technically don't have to be at work for about a week. However, that does not mean that I didn't spend most of today in uniform getting situated with finance and the clinic. Hopefully we will get paid soon for the move. We have already started planning the decorating of our home. We are trying to do a good job, for once, of getting wallpaper and painting out of the way before we actually start putting our furniture in place - please pray for us as we attempt to do this! I had a great time in GA with my family and got to see almost everyone. The highlight was easily spending a couple hours sailing on a Catalina 250 with my dad on Lake Lanier. I can't wait to get my boat ready for the spring! I hope everyone is doing well! God Bless you all! - David

No comments:

Post a Comment