Monday, February 26, 2007

Bye Bye Bloodie

A moment of silence please, for our pet blood shrimp. Though he lived happily in our marine tank for several fortnights, his days were inevitably numbered. We are still in the investigation stages, however it appears that he struggled so much with his most recent molting that he just plumb kicked the bucket. Rachel (she will resume the story) found him around 2 in the afternoon when she went to feed the fish, and I wondered why the shrimp wasn't out doing his normal scavenging for the food. Then I looked under the archway under the rock and there he was, laying on his side, with the top half of his exoskeleton stuck over most of his legs and part of his head. There was a small snail crawling over the partially shed exoskeleton. I called our fish store and talked to the owner. He told me that molting is such a delicate process and that sometimes it doesn't end well. He has shed multiple times since the first of November with no problems. I did some reading online, and found that many shrimp and crab owners have experience similar tragedies. I am sad. He was so cute and so fun to watch as he cleaned our rabbit fish and scavenged around with all his little legs scurrying him from here to there.

So this is the first time that, I, Rachel, have written on our "blog". It still seems strange to me that we have a blog. I sort of doubt that I have anything to say that people would want to read about. I did, however, run into a girl I went to college with. I was her RA. She was so sweet back then, as she seems now, and it was neat to run in to her at our new church! I've been praying I could get re-aquainted with some friends from my past. She wasn't really a close friend, and it took me a minute to place her, but I'm still praying I can get reunited with several other friends from my past who were truly integral to my life for a time. That's all for me tonight! I pray the Lord to bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment