Sunday, June 24, 2007

Homeowners Eve

Tonight is the last night we will spend in a base house for who knows how long. It could be 3 years, it could be the rest of my life. I know that we are supposed to be moving and buying this house, I believe God ordained it and set everything in motion in the world and in our hearts to make it happen, though I am still bittersweet regarding the thought of never living in base housing again. It was always nice to be living in a safe, gated community, with top-notch armed security surrounded by people who are going through most of the same stuggles and heartaches. It was also nice having quick access to work and great benefits like commissary shopping or 0% sales tax.
In the end, I do not regret any of the time we spent in military housing over the course of the last 6 years. We have lived in some pretty awesome housing and some pretty shabby housing, but it was the constants mentioned above that make it such a great experience.
By the time I make my next entry, we will be homeowners! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment