Monday, April 21, 2008

Houston, we have liftoff!

Today was a red-letter day for our family. Just hours ago, our firstborn - Andrew - rode a two-wheeler all by himself for the first time! It was really a nice feeling as a father and I started realizing how quickly things happen and how much is going to start flying past me if I don't slow down and focus on my kids when I get the rare opportunities to do so.

I guess what's more important is to make those opportunities less and less rare. We also spent time playing soccer in the backyard and Rachel's teaching him to read. Man - I don't know if the best years are ahead or behind, but I know that I'm really enjoying the here and now!

God bless you all today!
David

1 comment:

  1. Yes, David, the best years are ahead and behind. Except that the here and now is best. And I pray that when he and his sibs are all grown up you would do anything to do it all over again - without a single change. That is what God has given me in you and your sibs.
    Thanks! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete