Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oil Crisis

Someday I'm going to start a really straightforward blog with my unadulterated, unfiltered comments/thoughts about what this country is heading towards. I doubt it would help anything, but it would sure make me feel a little better! Until then, you're stuck reading and re-reading my dry criticism of PG-13 movies and constant reminders of the cuteness of our children.

I've got to say, though, I don't care what party you may or may not be affiliated with - this gas thing is a pretty big deal. A major motor company just announced they would be shutting down production lines for four of their trucks. That's huge in this country! We have prided ourselves in doing things "our way" and the American consumer is starting to realize that it just isn't possible all the time.

The crunch at the pump has gotten a lot of folks thinking - including myself. So, I'm looking at ways to boost fuel efficiency by hypermiling (an interesting concept) or by installing a machine that pumps hydroxide gas into the combustion chamber, reducing the gasoline requirement. We've also been using CFL bulbs throughout the house almost exclusively and a programmable thermastat since last September. If I consider making the leap to super-charging my engine with hydrogen, I'll be sure to blog about it. When I put up a straight-from-the-heart blog on socio-political-cultural environment of this country and what I think needs to be done to reverse our course, I'll post a link. But until then - you're stuck with more pictures of the cutest children on earth. Relish the moment!






No comments:

Post a Comment