Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summertime Fun!




Well, though it is not "officially" summer, you could have fooled me! In Montgomery, AL today it was 98 degrees! We began the day at swimming lessons, where at 8:45 I had sweat streaming down my face!

Swimming lessons. Boy, the kids were really fearful about them. I made them repeat, "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me" and I shared some other Scripture with them about not being afraid, and then we prayed about it. Well....once we got there, I could barely keep them out of the pool! Elizabeth grew bored with her class and wanted to come join Andrew's to be with him, and Andrew really was struggling sitting still on the side. Once he realized he could jump in and touch the bottom, he wanted to continue doing that the whole time! They both practiced floating, which they weren't very comfortable with, naturally, and Andrew practiced kicking while holding on to a kickboard. Elizabeth practiced kicking while her coach helped her balance on a noodle. Today was the first lesson of 8, so hopefully they'll be swimming/floating more adequately by the end!

The kids were fortunate enough for their dear parents to acquire a FREE swingset over the weekend. David put it together on Sunday, and those kids played on it almost every waking moment on Monday, heat and all! They played on it all afternoon and this evening as well! I really never would have imagined that so much pure joy and laughter would come from getting a swingset! We have really enjoyed it and are so grateful to the family who outgrew it and passed it on to us.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment