Monday, August 4, 2008

There's a Baby in the Garden




Isn't she so sweet?!




Everything continues to grow. The tomatoes are beginning to turn from green to an orangy red, but something started eating the reddest one. So I have 5 just beginning to turn tomatoes in my windowsill, hoping they'll turn without getting eaten.




The peppers are just about done! They are turning a deep, brilliant red. I will post pictures when they are done. I think we'll have the corn for dinner this week. The silks are just beginning to turn brown.




After some vigorous weeding around the watermelon plants, they seem to still be doing well! I am inspecting the stems daily for signs of brownness, which means they're done, and am also thumping regularly. A couple "sound" done already, but I'm watching the stem to make sure.




Till next time!


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment