Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Tractor, Tractor, harvesting the corn..."











...or something like that. Well, maybe no tractors, but we are bringing in and eating up some pretty good corn! And, boy, the grape tomatoes were without question the sweetest tomato I've ever eaten. Elizabeth kept "packing them in a suitcase" to take somewhere. It was actually a basket she put them in. Yesterday, before dinner she finished them off. Though she shouldn't have, I really could hardly fault her, they were so yummy!

I don't think I shared my worm battles, but I did find a few that survived and were just in the top of the ear, right under the silk. This is a picture of the biggest one. Don't worry! I got rid of them! We ate three for dinner tonight, ears of corn that is, and they were good. Not great, not terrible, just good! I'm positive that it is the fault of the grower (me) because I grewthis corn from Missourri corn kernels, and it's always been my favorite.
Hannah, by the way, loves getting her picture taken. She says "Cheese!" and then without really stopping, toddles up very quickly to the camera to look at the picture. She was on her way to doing this in this picture. Thankfully, I'm learning to be quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment