Friday, July 10, 2009

Cow Appreciation Day!




Chick-fil-A was having Cow Appreciation Day, today. "That's great," you say, "but what does that mean?" What it means, to answer your question, is that if you dress up like a cow you get free Chick-fil-A! So here we are. You can't see my ears, but I am wearing them!
Just getting everybody ready was no small chore! Then, we got to CFA and walked in, standing in line to order our food. It was like a herd of people in there! I was holding Hannah's hand, because if I held her, my spots would come off! I eventually had to hold her. We ordered our food and I went to find where the kids were sitting and find a high chair for Hannah, but it was still probably 10 minutes before I found one because the CFA employees wanted to take our picture and the Montgomery Advertiser wanted to take our pictures, and meanwhile the girl at the counter kept calling me and then I had to get the food. All the while, the kids are stuffing their little faces with cake the employees brought them and Hannah still doesn't have a high chair! It was crazy. I get the chair and we sit down to eat when Elizabeth has a near breakdown because Andrew got a "golden cow" in his kid's meal, which actually is pretty special and rare because it means that you get a free ice dream. She only got a regular black and white cow, and her eyes were green, with jealousy, over it. After we finished eating, with Hannah crying for more cake the whole time, and Elizabeth pouting over not getting the golden cow, we went outside and got her little face painted like a cow. And, then she happened to win the cake walk, and got another yummy little cupcake. So, she was happy and felt the world was somewhat fair again. Walking back to the car, we worked hard to not get hit by any of the many cars driving through the parking lot. Hannah fell asleep in the 7 minutes it takes to get back home. And here I am blogging. We had such a special time today, I just wanted to share it with all of you! Really, there's only a small touch of sarcasm there. We had a good time, just had some challenges which come with the territory!

No comments:

Post a Comment