Friday, June 26, 2009

Guitar!

I finally bit the bullet and shelled out some cash for a guitar. It only took me four months to realize that borrowing someone else's or using the severely substandard axe in the MWR (Morale Welfare and Recreation) room just wouldn't cut it. So, last week as I was coming back from a pre-construction meeting, I bought the pictured guitar at Camp Phoenix. It is a decent guitar made by an unknown company, but it serves its purpose well. The vendor said it was his last guitar and that it was for sale for $120. Of course, just about everything in this country is negotiable and I was able to walk away with this guitar for only $80 after making a few obvious observations devaluing the instrument. She may not be a Martin or a Taylor, but I am very thankful to finally have my own to bring a taste of home into my room.
Now if I could just find a way to get the rest of the church band over here. . . . .
In Him,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment