Saturday, June 6, 2009

First and Second Lost Teeth!

Well, it's a day for the books, folks! Andrew lost his first tooth biting into his favorite food: an apple. We put it in a small envelope. That was right after lunchtime. Then at dinner, I sent him to the bathroom for something and he came running back saying that he pulled his tooth out, but he lost it down the drain rinsing the blood off it, and could I come, QUICK, to get it out! So of course I went running. It actually had gotten lodged right at the top and if I had used the right tool from the get-go the slippery little thing wouldn't have fallen all the way down. Well, being the problem-solving mother I am, I figured out how to open the drain below the sink and I got that tooth out! Well, just as I had begun to clean up from dinner and was patting myself on the back over getting the tooth out, Andrew came running in again. "Mom, somehow, when I was getting my first tooth out of the envelope, it must have fallen out somewhere in my room and I can't find it!" So, the tooth fairy will only be giving money for one tooth tonight. Maybe the other one, the one he lost in the apple, will eventually show up... I'll post a picture of the little darling with his holey smile soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment