Friday, September 4, 2009

Camel. . .check.


Today a soldier who has been here for almost two years is celebrating an imminent return to the States. In honor of his service, an Afghan and his son brought this camel along a 12-hour journey to our camp for rides and pictures. So, I finally got a chance to ride a camel! As an engineer, I figured it would only be appropriate to ride it with proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), so I donned my hard hat and took a spin around the volleyball court.

I was very surprised at how quickly this huge animal raised up from sitting on its knees. I was also surprised I didn't fall off! See, only one set of legs goes up first and you need to watch your balance very carefully to make sure you don't fall off!

Anyway, I can finally add camel ride to my growing list of unique Afghan experiences!

In Him,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment