Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eclipse and Super Moon!


The picture on the top, the yellowish one, is the picture of the Super Moon rising over the Florida panhandle treeline along the edge of St. Andrew's Bay. We were watching it rise from our docked boat. The picture on the bottom is a slightly fuzzy picture of the eclipse of the moon that occurred shortly before Christmas. It was the first eclipse I have ever seen in person and it was a really neat experience! I will not forget getting all bundled up and setting up my tripod and then laying on the kids' bean bags in the quiet cool, gazing up at the moon in the clear sky. I never could get too relaxed though because my ear was ever open for the sound of an approaching bear!!! That would have truly made the eclipse unforgettable, but thankfully no bears interrupted my moon watching that night! Isn't God's creation breathtaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment