Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!





Easter morning was an early one this year! I really wanted to go to the 6am sunrise service on the beach. Then, I remembered that everyone had nice, new Easter clothes and had second thoughts! But to God's glory we got all dressed up and made it with no stress! It was cool and breezy and then got cooler and breezier and rather damp, as the cloud that had been over the water in front of us was blown onto the land on top of us! Some sweet parishioners at the chapel with us provided the kids with blankets to keep warm. I reveled in the joy of the morning, the moist cool air blowing over me, the knowledge that my Savior was raised to life for me and that His Grace is enough.
We then had a blessed time of fellowship at the base Marina, while a hot breakfast was served to us. Then, when we got home (at about 8:30am!) and changed our clothes, I gave the kids' their Easter baskets, er, I mean Easter lunchboxes. (Despite cleaning out my closet, the guest room closet and half of the garage, I never found their baskets!) Well, they had not remembered that part at all! They were so touched by the book they each got along with their tiny, hollow chocolate bunny and a few eggs with candy and a couple of pencils.
Saturday morning was to be the designated "egg hunt" time. Go get the silly eggs and then go home. Well, leave it to the Tyndall AFB Youth Center to make it a huge production! It was a blast for the kids with bouncy houses, crafts, free cookies and lemonade and an age appropriate hunt for each kid. Again, I was touched at how much fun the kids had! Sometimes, I feel we give them too much. They all were so thankful and expressed that this was one of the most fun things they've ever done! Of course, it was one of the 25 most fun things they've ever done, but the fact they said thank you made me feel like the kids and me and the world were a little closer to center than I sometimes think. Then, our neighbor hid eggs with prizes for our three and three other kids nearby. They had such a great, fun couple of days. AND, they still get that Easter isn't about the candy and eggs, but about Jesus rising from the dead after He saved us from our sins! Thank you, Lord, for your sacrifice and for loving us and the world every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment