Monday, July 8, 2013

Drastic Pruning!

Late this afternoon, some very much overdue pruning took place in our front yard. It took some really big trucks and power tools! It was quite the show, too. Several neighbors came by to watch. The result? I could see the sky and sunlight from the front of my house! It was like a veil was lifted. I am a woman who needs plenty of sunshine. I wasn't getting enough! It's hard to appreciate the shade unless you'be been in the sun.
Many years ago I sat in the pew at the church of my childhood.  A story was told about a tree that needed to be pruned. After the pruning, it could be the tree it was meant to be, once again.  How many of us need to be pruned by the Master Gardener? Just as I did so many years ago, I lift my head and willingly endure the pruning pain, as I become who He means me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment