Saturday, September 30, 2006

The BIG plan

The trend was meant to be broken. Sorry for the lapse; a lot has happened, but I don't have much time - Rachel is driving around the Rapid City Public Library to keep from parking our 40-ft rig in five metered spots! Anyway, as you can assume, we are safely in South Dakota for the first solace of the trip. I will leave in a few hours to meet my brothers and sister to canoe the Boundary Waters of northern Minnesota and Canada for two weeks - a dream of 10 years fulfilled! Rachel and the kids will stay here a few days and then move on to her grandparents house for a week of relaxation. We will all meet up together at our new duty assignment just before I have to report for duty. It has been an awesome trip and if I could load the pictures I've taken, you would see antelope in Wyoming, the Governer's Suite at the Billings, MT Crowne Plaza that we got "bumped" into when we showed up and they failed to produce a non-smoking room for our confirmed reservation, and you would also see Andrew riding a horse for the first time! Thank you, Jim and Linda for your wonderful hospitality during our stayover in Rapid. Well, I don't know when I'll get another note posted, so please pray for our family as we continue our journey to a new home. We continue to thank Him for the wonderful experiences we've encountered and we look forward to seeing you all in person to hear about your lives as well. God Bless you all! - David

No comments:

Post a Comment