Friday, August 10, 2007

CW I

I've been 30 for a day now and I still feel 29. What's up with that? I did get a call from everyone in my family - thank you all - and today I sent 12 students off to take on the challenges of their next chapters in life.

It's hot here. I'm trying to be joyful about it, but it's still hot. It reminds me of how appreciative of my salvation. The rich dude who "looked the part" was sent to hell where it was hot. Nothing he could say or do at that point mattered - it was still hot. Don't be that guy - find out how by reading the book of John, 4th gospel in the Holy Bible.

On a side note, I've been fully engaged in what has become, "CRABGRASS WARS". Just this week, in a lawn far far away, the evil sprouts of wide-bladed weeds began their attempts to take over. I ran a covert operation a few weeks ago using "Weed and Feed" - no good. So, this week we attacked in full force - first we took out the sprouts of seeds, then we mowed - at a greater height than I usually mow. I will probably get in trouble with my HOA because I won't have the suburban "crewcut", but I don't care - the crabgrass must not get any room and the right height is the first step. Next, I carefully removed a few complete plants. Now, we wait. Water, mow, wait. Hopefully I will get an idea of what works best, but until then, there won't be much to talk about. Wish me luck!

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment