Thursday, February 26, 2009

Afghanistan

Well, I am almost there. Yes, I know - I'm in Afghanistan, however I still am not at my home for a year. The air is filled with a crazy amounts of particals and smoke, but the mountains are beautiful (when you can see them). The food is hit or miss and the accomodations are better than one should expect in the middle of a war-torn country. More than anything, though, I miss my family and the sooner I get busy with work the sooner that becomes the one thing that constantly invades my daily thoughts. Wish me well as I cope and pray through this tough time. I think of friends and family often, and you can rest assured that you are in my prayers as well.

In Him,
David

1 comment:

  1. David - I'm sorry I didn't get a phone call into you before you "headed out of town."
    I'm not the type that uses emoticons (and that word makes me think of a Transformer in an existential funk), but here's a little something for you:

    :'o
    ==/

    That's an e-boot to the head for you. It's just a little something for the road.

    Let me know what Afghani for "watermelon" is when you get a chance.

    Paul K.

    ReplyDelete