Thursday, March 26, 2009

In My Room

Some folks have asked what my living conditions are like. This is a fair question and I'm happy to entertain. Understand, though, that living conditions are as varied as the missions out here. Soldiers in Afghanistan somewhere will sleep under the stars tonight - though I haven't met them. Others are living in modified CONEX shipping containers that have been stacked like LEGO bricks. I live in a wooden B-Hut. Its a small wooden building about 20' x 32', raised a couple feet off the ground for leveling and flood and pest prevention purposes. There are six of us in this B-Hut and the "rooms" have been partioned by past residents using cheap lumber and plywood. I have a twin bunkbed with one mattress. The top of the bunkbed is used for storage. This is the only picture I was able to upload.  I'll work on getting some more onto the blog, but for now, this should give you an idea of what my room is like.  God Bless!

1 comment: