Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas











Our Christmas Days were a culmination of remembering the miracle of the little baby God sent for us. The sunday before Christmas Day, I was blessed enough to be able to sing a couple of songs at church. Singing these as Mary humbled me greatly and helped me to really "get" Christmas in a way that sadly doesn't happen for me every year. What about you? When did you last really "get" Christmas? I pray, that even as the day has past, that you take the time to slow down and let Christmas happen in your heart. Trust me, it's a lot better than the hurry- scurry, bustling, trying-to-do-it-all-myself attitude that I tend to carry most of the time!

Well, Christmas fell on December 24th this year, oddly enough, at my parent's home. We all dragged ourselves out of bed while the kids excitedly bopped around, hurrying us through our chores! We had a really lovely morning with my parents, my sister and her husband Ryan, and my brother. We missed David sorely. but probably missed him even more the next day with his family! We had a great time with 2 of the five cousins and 2 of David's five siblings and their families. There were 12 of us total, but that felt small due to the normal 21!

Here are some pictures to share our days with you! The one on the top is my brother Spencer and my new brother-in-law Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment