Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Buzz Lightyear to th......." grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We are so easily distracted. Andrew borrowed someone else's "Buzz Lightyear" and barely got a wink during his nap today. Instead I spent the afternoon listening to him punching the buttons on the toy. . . "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" and laser noises punctuated what would have been a quiet afternoon working on my Masters. Now, I'm blogging about it and a little upset at his lack of obedience. Parenthood is not easy. I can only begin to imagine what God thought when He realized Eve had done the one thing she was not supposed to do. Akiane, the completely amazing and talented 12-yr old artist who has painted works that can compare to the greats, painted an amazing depiction of Eve in the Garden. It showed her in front of what appears to be a bunch of grapes. The fruit is rather the fruit of the tree of good and evil - red and green were the prominent colors of fruit. One of the green fruits shows a tear, where she had taken a bite - and instead of goodness flowing from it, blood came out. This deeply depicts how deceived she and Adam were by the serpent. I wonder if Andrew has been deceived into thinking it's OK to disobey. I wonder if he really understands the err of his ways. But then again, I wonder if I understand the err of my ways when I disobey. Have I really grown more mature or have I just grown older? Unfortunately, the case is probably more the latter than the former. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment