Monday, January 29, 2007

A new career in full motion

Today I had the "Newcomer's Welcome" for my organization. It's OK that I've only been working there since October. There were some folks there who had been on the job since last June. I'm used to getting training after the fact, though. At our first assignment in South Dakota, I went to my job technical training in October, I had been working in that job since July. A year and a half later, I got the actual in-depth training on the specific tasks I had been accomplishing that entire time. Most of my training as a parent has been on the job. Same goes for my faith. Just now, this semester, I'm starting to understand how to really interpret the scriptures which have been the foundation of my salvation as a Christian since I was six. I don't really think it matters when you get trained, though. I think it is more important to stay open-minded to the training and not bitter that you didn't get it in the beginning. Rachel is sewing some curtains for the kids' room and the house is quiet after another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment