Sunday, January 7, 2007

Georgia Tech blues

Happy New Year! A couple weeks, some tornado warnings, visits from friends near and far, and the season premier of "The Apprentice" later, and I'm back to blog. Some sad news first, Georgia Tech lost to West Virginia in the Toyota Gator Bowl. Some good news though, it looks like Taylor Bennett just might work out as a great q'back. I don't really know a ton about football, but I know that they broke more records in that game (though they lost) than they've done in a long time. I also know that Tech needs a break - and he may be the one who delivers it. They haven't won an ACC Championship since 1998 and they are certainly due for a change. Sure, they've been winning games and getting to bowls, but they are having trouble closing the big game. UGA, Wake, and West Virginia were all completely beatable teams and Tech was in a winnable situation during all of those games - yet, they didn't make it happen. I know how much work goes into a class act football team and I know that Chan Gailey is running a class act program. I believe that it comes down to the attitude of the fans and the attitude of the players at the end of the day. I wish the best to Coach Gailey and his crew as they start the long preparation for next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment