Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Instruments in Worship

"Am I dealing with human traditions, or am I dealing with divine traditions?" The use of mechanical instruments in worship is supposedly a human tradition and not a divine tradition according to my professor. I'm not sure what I think about the logic, as it leads me to think that this conclusion can only lead to a negative practice in my professor's mind. Now, some churches do not use musical instruments for reasons I don't plan on going into, but I'm used to it. It's how I grew up and I can't imagine a service without it. I also think that we would be hard pressed to see the lives turned around and the hearts changed that we have seen, if Christians far and wide had never picked up a guitar, learned to play "It is well with my soul" on the piano or led the beat on a bass drum. Things that make me go hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment