Wednesday, October 24, 2007

University of Tennessee Fun

Praise the Lord for public internet access at the UT Hodges Library! I'm way behind in my grad work and none of the company computers have Real Player installed - a program I have to have to watch my lectures online. Anyway, now I'm currently listening to my lecture while sitting at a computer at the University of Tennessee. I'm allowed 2 hours a night and that may be just enough to get what I need from the online lectures.


Work is good and I'm having fun on this business trip, but most importantly, I am finally in a position to focus on my studies. When I'm at home, I tend to spend time with my kids or Rachel rather than hit the books. I guess that's a good thing.

UT is a pretty neat campus - it really takes me back to my Georgia Tech days. The old dorms and clogged streets make me feel like a freshman again, surrounded by the sights and sounds of students trying desperately to hold on to their individualism while tragically giving up the same to become accepted. Shakespeare obviously did not understand the college spirit when he penned, "To thine own self be true."

Go Vols! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment