Thursday, October 25, 2007

Volunteers and Lectures

10.25.07 I am debating over whether or not to buy tickets to a Vols football game. It seems $40 is worth being in Neyland Stadium, surrounded by 107,000 orange and white fans screaming at the top of their lungs as UT takes out some football team. I think it would be a good investment, of course I could also save the money and give it to Rachel when I get home. Hmmmm. This is a tough choice.


Now I'm listening to my homiletics prof talk about Post-Modernism and the advent of relativism - a totally disasterous movement that is a result of scholarly thought from the 20th century. It makes teaching the Word of God next to impossible when speaking to relativists. At the end of the day, it takes a "Damascus-road experience" for these people to turn to the Lord.

We could use some more experiences like that around this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment