Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Garden / ROTW Part III

In case you haven't already done so, I would strongly encourage you to take a look at our Garden page. It's really neat to see how quickly these seeds have developed into sprouts!

As for my weeds - the saga continues. Here is a quick shot of the rebellion that is going on in my front yard.

Today I went to see my friend, Kirk, and alas - he was at lunch (I guess that's OK). So, I spoke with another employee and was advised (after they saw the pictures of my lawn) to use a spray-on weed killer other than the 2,4-D I used at the beginning of April. I should see yellowing in two weeks and then dead weeds in six. Of course, crabgrass may take multiple treatments to be affective. And like all other things for the lawn, there are explicit instructions on what and what not to do. DO NOT mow within 48-hours before or after. DO water within 1-7 days. DO NOT spray when wind is greater than 10 mph. DO wear long sleeves, long pants, socks and shoes to apply. DO NOT apply in colder temperatures. yadda yadda yadda. So, I think I met all requirements and I'll be sure to avoid the pitfalls described. I really don't care what it takes at this point - I just want to lose the weeds!

God Bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment