Friday, May 16, 2008

Shepherding a Child's Heart

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp really captures the essence of parenting in a no-nonsense way, unlike any parenting book I've ever read before. I think it is better than, dare I even say this, James Dobson's parenting books! I know I just committed heresy, but I challenge you to pick it up and read it!

Our ladies Bible Study is right in the middle of it. It has revealed so many truths and eradicated so many lies we so commonly believe about relating to and disciplining our children. I could go on and on about all I've learned, but truly, you should read it yourself. You'll want to underline every word. Parents have been telling David and I since we were pregnant with Andrew that this is the best parenting book out there. Someone even had given us a copy. But it didn't get read till now. I am in better communication with the Lord about my children than ever before and they are in better communication with me than ever before. I am happier, knowing that in how I teach Andrew and Elizabeth to obey, I, also, am obeying my Lord. There is great peace in that obedience.

Maybe I'll write more on this another time!

In Him,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment