Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ho hum . . .

Well, I have to confess - I've given in. Last Monday I entertained a guest I was hoping to avoid. We had a nice chat and shook hands and even brought up some Alaska talk. Still, I had hoped to never meet the man. But I did, and I'm a little ashamed.

So, starting sometime in the next two weeks, my lawn will be treated by "Alabama Lawns".

I guess you could say I threw in the towel, but in the end all I really care about is a lawn without weeds. We'll see how it goes, but I feel like I've hired the help of an organization to fight something that I created to start with (due to my negligence/ignorance/whatever). It's kind of like Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. (Maybe some of you will understand that).

That is neither here nor there right now as I am waiting in the Fairbanks Military Lounge for my friend to pick me up. I've made it back to Interior Alaska searching for the infamous red salmon. Then it's on to Valdez for a date with some halibut. yeah yeah, I know - I'm doing it just for the 'halibut'. If I've heard it once I've heard a trillion times. Oh well, It's still kind of funny, I guess. Regardless, the fish is terrific and I'll be happy to post some pics after the trip.

Take care everyone!
In Him,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment