Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Biggest mental hurdle has passed!

Today our team successfully completed the Combat Lifesaver (CLS) course. This is historically the most fretted-over training for most people attending Combat Skills Training (CST). It is due to the IV requirement. Everyone has to actually place an IV lock and initiate the flow of IV fluid into a battle buddy. Phew! We did that yesterday and thankfully, everything went fairly well. One member of our team almost passed out and a couple bled all over themselves, however I was pretty happy with my work as well as my buddy's work. I ended up getting stuck twice because the first one was accidentally pulled out as he was placing the needle in the vein. The second one, however, went without a hitch. I cleanly got my buddy's IV in and had no blood anywhere - clean and quick! It was fun, and today's mass-casualty exercise was even more fun. We entered a smoke-filled, dark room and pulled out an indeterminate number of casualties. Cool stuff. Anyway, here are some shots (no pun intended) of me and my buddy and the team with our CLS instructor. Take luck!




1 comment:

  1. Awww, this nurse is very proud of you! You got it on the first try, huh? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete