Saturday, November 1, 2008

HUA

Heard
Understood
Acknowledged

I'll admit, readers, you deserve much better than this. I've thrown you off with sporadic unannounced changes to the website with little to no explanation. There hasn't been a new post in nearly a month anywhere to be found. Add to that, I'm nearly out of touch with reality by being TDY at Ft Riley for the next 3 months. Please accept my apology and just keep reading.

I said 'goodbye' to my family for a TDY in uniform for the first time. It brought images of sailors and soldiers heading off to the front to my mind. It also gave me an inkling of an idea of what it will be like when I return. The next 16 months will be a flurry of TDYs, short jaunts home, and a duty that humbles me. When all is said and done, though, that moment of embracing Rachel after returning with honor will be a truly fine moment. But until then, there is a lot of training and a lot of work to do. Please pray for me and for Rachel and the kids as we forge this path.

I'll try to post more updates/stories as I see fit, but until next time - God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment