Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner




Well, when you have three young kids, everybody has to eat dinner. It's just what exactly is for dinner that can sometimes get complicated, and sometimes, I admit, downright irritating! Elizabeth deciding she doesn't like chicken anymore, Andrew having difficulty with any food that doesn't stand alone (casseroles)...oh, it seems endless. And I do not cater to them. We eat healthy food on a tight budget, and what you see is what you get at our house! We hate to waste food, so if you don't eat it, you go hungry till breakfast, when oftentimes, you'll see that meal again.
Well, I'm tired! It gets exhausting trying to get them to eat it and not wiggle around and go look out the window and not play with it, so, I started thinking a couple weeks ago that when David is not home to help enforce, something was going change. So here is a picture of the lovely dinner we had tonight. Elizabeth saw a picture of it in a cookbook I have and requested we make them for dinner. Her pizzas are the cats on the top, Andrew's dogs are in the middle and my flower, mouse and monster are at the bottom. See if you can spot all our favorite pizza toppings! Dinner was so much more enjoyable!
And then we had dirt with worms for dessert! I told them I had put a surprise in their pudding, but Andrew's face when he felt a gummy worm in his mouth was priceless. After we had a good laugh about it, he told me I was silly, but that it was a good surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment