Friday, May 15, 2009

oh, everything

I've had lots to blog about, really, I have. Today, I am blogging on my adorable new mini laptop. David gave it to me for our anniversary a little over a week ago. I'm really enjoying it so far, but there are a lot of things to update, a lot of files to move, a lot of problems to overcome in the old desktop as well as on getting this up to where I need it to be to use it to the fullest.
I've had quite a few other problems to overcome and so many blessings to co-ordinate! It's been a little tough at times, but God just keeps causing people to bless us! Even today, God is still putting it on dear friend's hearts to call and see how we're doing for some reason, completely not knowing all we've been through in the last 3 weeks (delivering a child stillborn to be with Jesus, house flooding, city flooding, brakes failing). I have hardly had a moment to catch up and breathe before the next event to handle. But, though exhausted, there is peace. God is speaking to us and growing us always more into His likeness.
I want to leave you with some Scriptures that the Lord showed me this morning. This is all from 2 Cor. 1. "God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others(vs.3-4). " "We think you ought to know...about the trouble we went through...We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it...But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely on God...(vs.8-9).
I don't like suffering any more than anybody else, but God has changed my perspective of it. I hate to even acknowledge it at all...I naturally minimize things as a coping mechanism. Yet, God is saying to me to allow myself to feel to the fullest so I can rely on Him to the fullest and that others in the Body need to know about our struggles. It's been kind of difficult for me to continue to receive all the blessings we have, but I just keep taking a deep breath and trusting that all in all, my small sufferings are actually giving the Body a chance to be like Jesus and grow in His likeness! It's really quite miraculous, isn't it? "And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many peoppe will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety (vs.11)."
So thankful,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment