Sunday, May 10, 2009

Two of My Many Heroes

Mother's Day is a wonderful time to support worthy causes throughout the country such as FTD, Hallmark, and Russel Stover's. For me, it's a great time to reflect on two heroes in my life who happen to both be mothers.

Rachel

No one on this Earth is capable of filling the void that would otherwise be in my life right now like my wife of eight years and sweetheart of fifteen. Yes, she may go ballistic if I don't put my dishes in the washer, but put her in the toughest of situations and she is calm, cool, collected and a much better decision maker than me! She is everything I could ever imagine or dream of in a wife and mother and I am thankful for the work God did by bringing us together.

Mom

Unlike my wife, I had little choice in who I was stuck with for a mother. Sure, there were times I even questioned my place in her home and made the "run" away only to find myself back on a plaid couch, comforted by Mom. Mine is the quintessetial mom. She may have raised six kids but she made each of us feel (in just the right proportions and at just the right times) like we were her only child. My Mom had a temper! Hooo-ee! But, no matter what, she always demonstrated to us her love for our dad (the best lesson she taught me) and no matter what, she would always find a way (any way) to keep the family moving forward.

I really don't know how either one of them does what they do. Maybe it's really not for me to ask. Rather, I am supposed to just honor them and thank them for being who God called them to be.

1 comment:

  1. WHere was this pic taken, Babe? I don't remember seeing it before...I love you.

    ReplyDelete