Saturday, August 22, 2009

182 and counting!

Today is the 182nd day of being in theater. I arrived at Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan on 23 Feb 09 and now I officially have a "Short Tour" behind me. It is a good feeling to know that half of my deployment is behind me and I still have not taken leave! Once I get back from leave, at the end of September, I will have roughly 4.5 months to go.

It's been a busy six months, though. Here are some metrics:
140 movements via helicopter (US, French, Canadien), HMMWV, MRAP, SUV, and dismounted patrol
34 locations
7 provinces
9 Master's credits
4 LEGO sets
2 home FOBs
100s of pictures
1000s of memories

I am praying that the next six months will be as eventful and will go by as quickly. Here are some other metrics that helped get us through this last six:

1 Lord
1 Rachel
3 Kids
22 Supportive close family members
23 care packages and letters
1 USAF group
1 unbelievable church family
Countless close friends
Dozens of meals, mowings, and phone calls

Thank you everyone for being there for Rachel, the kids, and me over the course of the last six months.

In Him,
David S.

1 comment:

  1. Does being "in theater" remind you of your Pebblebrook days?

    Seriously, though, thanks for your sacrifice. You too, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete