Sunday, August 9, 2009

"They say it's your birthday!"

Wow. I never really expected to have such a great birthday 7,000 miles away from home and yet God provided! He provided in so many ways but more than any other, in the love that was evident in care packages, notes on FaceBook, and messages left on Skype. Rachel sent a half sheet of her freakin'-awesome cookie cake and my mom sent all the trimmings for a rockin' "Transformers" party. Thank you, everyone for making this a special day.

A "Transformers" party in my office, complete with an amazing Confetti/Angel food cake that my mom had shipped from GA! She may have forgotten forks (something that we are definitely not lacking over here) but she made sure to include icing, 32+1 candles, hats, a "Birthday Hero" ribbon, the "Happy Birthday" banner, plates, napkins, and those funny things that roll-out when you blow into the open end. This birthday was definitely more than meets the eye!

My mom also sent several presents, probably the most exciting of which was a copy of The Reagan Diaries". Reagan is quickly growing to become my favorite president and one of my favorite leaders. I can't wait for this semester to be over so I can devote a lot of time to exploring this man and specifically his devotion to God and his wife even more.

Finally, but certainly not least, I received special letters from Rachel and all three kids. I am not sure why this photo uploaded like this, but maybe that's how Hannah Joy really wanted me to view it! Anyway, along with these special letters from each of them, I received framed 5x7s of each of the kids and enough Mentos to open a 7-11!

In a strange twist on the typical birthday fare, at least three folks sent me care packages that also had two-ply toilet paper! I guess there are at least a few folks reading my blog!

In Him,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment