Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Unexpected Journey

Thom S. Rainer and his wife, Nellie Jo, set out to discover the lives of those who turned from other religions and their influences to find Christ. Although it is neither a theological treatise, an apologetics primer, nor a Bible study The Unexpected Journey is sure to motivate any reader to explore more via all three.

In my opinion, this book should be required reading for all Christians and it deserves a place on their shelves next to Mere Christianity, Purpose Driven Life, and of course The Holy Bible. Rainer's narrative style and the amazing stories from so many different backgrounds (Satanist, Muslim, Agnostic, to name a few) drove me to the end wishing for more and hoping his afterward would speak of a timeline for a follow-up book.

I hope you will pick up a copy soon and share your thoughts here.

In Him,
David

1 comment:

  1. I saw a couple books he co-wrote in a magazine I got today, but this one was not included. I looked. I wonder if the church library has it? I'll try to remember to check tomorrow. I love you.

    ReplyDelete