Thursday, February 7, 2008

And so it begins.

Yesterday Andrew broke his arm. Yep. Our first broken bone in the family! I felt so sorry for him when I got the call from Rachel around 5:15 PM. Here is his story: "I was on my castle measuring myself with the broom stick and I fell and tripped over an ant hill and I landed on the ground and I broke my arm." I know this because I heard it about 20 times during the 4 hours we spent in the local emergency room. Everyone knew what had happened! Random nurses passed by us (once we got in the treatment area) and let us know they were praying for him! How cool is that? Here's the x-ray - see if you can find the break:

Some funny anecdotes:
1. We were sitting in a chair, Andrew in my lap, and "Deal or No Deal" was on a TV about 30 feet away in the corner of the waiting room. The man sitting next to us leaned forward and Andrew immediately cried, "Hey, I can't see the TV!"
2. After over 1.5 hours of waiting, we still had no idea how long it would be until we were seen. Andrew loudly asked the woman sitting at the sign-in desk across the room when it would be our turn. She kind of chuckled and then said, "Sir, let me find out for you and I'll let you know in about five minutes." As promised, we knew in just a few minutes that only one person was ahead of us and in short order, we were seen.
3. Andrew was excited about the x-ray machine and really wanted to see the pictures of his bones. The doc was nice enough to let him see the pictures on his computer and Andrew was just as excited to show Rachel when we finally got home.
Overall, it was not a terrible experience. I just feel bad for the little guy and hope that he heals real soon! Regardless, as a good friend once told me - "broken bones heal, and chicks dig scars."
God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Shoot! I was looking forward to a little rough-housing this weekend. I guess you will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doo Doo Brown, that's hilarious!

    I'm so sorry to hear about my little Andrew! Poor thing! BTW, I found the break in the x-ray you provided! I'm glad Andrew was cool with the x-ray machine, most children are not! It scares them and I have to explain that we are just taking some pictures ...So, when are you going to put some lovely pictures of my new niece up???

    ReplyDelete