Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Arkansas

Well, I finally made it to Arkansas. I can't say it was a really in-depth look at the Natural State, but I did drive through the lovely town of Jonesboro, AR, home of Arkansas State University. Our trip across the northeast corner of AR would have been completely uneventful had we not found the need to stop for lunch. It was there, in Jonesboro, that we stopped at a very friendly Chick-fil-a on Stadium Blvd. Besides the regular ambiance and cleanliness that is expected of all similar establishments, they offered what was surely the best discount at any of Truett Cathy's outstanding dives. Military members in uniform received a 50% discount if they ate there! How terrific is that! I considered running back to Montgomery just to pick up a uniform and get the discounts, alas, the several hundred miles may not have been worth the savings in the end, though it was good to know where I'm going to eat the next time I have to drive through the state.

Other than that, the state left very little of an impression on me. It looked very similar to other midwestern states I've travelled, yet I know there is a lot more to explore and I intend to spend a little more time there as I wander creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment