Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Virginia

Virginia is for lovers“ At least, that’s what all those bumper stickers say. I’m not so sure about that and right now I’m not feeling the love for a state that is boasting over a recent victory over my own Alma Mater, Georgia Tech. I do have plenty of friends who have hailed from the great “commonwealth” yet I have spent very little time there, myself. My most vivid memory was of a road trip I took that eventually led us to Pocahontas State Park for a very short night of rest. Instead of getting the full 8-Zs we needed as a group to press on, we were rudely awakened by a park ranger who informed us that we were not authorized to sleep where we were and that we had exactly two minutes to get out of there before he called for our arrest. Hmm. Welcome to Virginia. Maybe I will get to replace these memories from more pleasant experiences some day, but until then - I’m stuck with what I’ve got. On the fairer side, the first state park we stopped at, Kiptopeke State Park, although on the DelMarVa penninsula and not on Virginia’s mainland, was a very pleasant experience. If you have any suggestions, though, for helping me improve my impression of this state - feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment