Sunday, February 10, 2008

My El Guapo

"In a way, all of us have an El Guapo to face someday. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us... El Guapo is a big dangerous guy who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day... the people of Santa Poco... can conquer their own personal El Guapo... who also happens to bethe actual El Guapo." - Steve Martin, The Three Amigos

My El Guapo is situps. I can run at the drop of a hat and max out my pushups without a problem. Yet, situps have always plagued me. I have recently gained some resolve to overcome my El Guapo and max out my situps before my next AF Fitness test in March. It sounds silly and trivial, but it will mean a lot if you'd pray for me as I take on this challenge. I still have a ways to go and the "Rocky" music seems to fade everytime I get down to practice more. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. If I say it in my head in Steve Martin's voice, it is actually pretty funny. What a classic.

    ReplyDelete