Friday, February 1, 2008

It's a CONSPIRACY!

Can you believe it's already February? Hannah is now two weeks old and SOS is almost over. The year is 1/12th complete, yet something odd is brewing. Apparently the almanacians and calendarians have joined forces to yet again spin our lives out of control. If you haven't already noticed, there are actually 29 days in February this year, rather than the typical 28 days in a legitimate February. I sense some foul play, but I don't have any conclusive evidence yet. What it really means is that my internal rhythm is going to get totally screwed up. We have to wait yet another day until Christmas and that whole saying "24/7/365" is thrown completely out of the window. I asked a few folks about this and they "claimed" it was a "Leap Year". I'm not sure where that expression came from, but it probably has something to do with getting trampled all over by greedy February who feels it needs an extra day for no apparent reason. Of course, it doesn't say much for all the other months - they could have easily traded away one of their days to help Feb' out. Instead, just like our government, this year is starting off in a deficit of days.

I think in peaceful protest I'll just ignore February 29th. You know, like how some buildings refuse to call the 13th floor "Floor 13" - yep, they just skip straight from 12 to 14. Well, it's a free country and I think I'll just go straight from 28 February to 1 March, like it's always been.

"Leap Year" - sheesh and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. hi! david. this is a test, only a test. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I was trying to say is that I think your writing is really pretty clever and you should publish a column. Does anybody out there have a newspaper or a magazine David could write a column for? Pleae respond. Thanks.
    David's mom (who is NOT biased)

    ReplyDelete