Sunday, January 27, 2008

Facebook & Hyundai

OK. I gave up a while ago and opened a "Facebook" account. I'm not real proud about it and I encourage everyone visiting my page to look for more updates and random banter here at the capital of family updates and my random banter, Mediocre, Alaska. Still, even though I minimize my activity there, I still feel like I've sold out a little bit. At least I haven't bought an iPod yet.

In other news, I'm really discouraged by a recent Hyundai commercial:

"don't like your nose, get another one. Don't like your job, get another one. Don't like your wife, get another one." Then they go on to say that at least with a Hyundai there is commitment (something about a great warranty). Anyway, it's sad that they lump the marriage covenant among much more trivial choices like a job or cosmetic surgery. Kind of disgusting, actually.

In reality, the marriage covenant is actually the first opportunity we have to experience just a fraction of what the relationship between God and man was supposed to be. Nothing to take lightly, in my opinion.

God bless ya'll and thanks for the awesome words of encouragement regarding our newest addition.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sir: I have to disagree with your take on the Hyundai commercial. I took it exactly opposite. To me, in a tounge-in-cheekish way, Hyundai was bringing to light the insanity of mainstream Society's wishywashy, commitmentless attitudes and values. What you took for flippancy, I took for damning sarcasm. Rawk on Go Eli Manning. Go Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment. They weren't saying that all those ideas were okay. They seemed to be chastising people for thinking that way.
    But reassuring to know that you take your marriage vows very seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to decide if I want to open a facebook account also. Everyone I know has one and it's a fun place to chat and swap pics. Hmmm...I'm still on the fence about. I guess we'll see...Per the comments above, I have to say I agree with them...however, I did take a second glance at the T.V. as I was burning rubber on the treadmill. Very different presentation indeed.

    ReplyDelete