Wednesday, January 9, 2008

If I don't blog now . . .

I don't think I'll ever get around to it! Still, no new baby. We're all a little anxious for this to happen, though we're trying to leave it to the Lord and think about other things! I certainly have a lot I've been thinking about as I've started an intense 5-week school at the base for USAF Captains - Squadron Officer School.

(disclaimer: For many reasons I discuss my profession specifically, but when I do, it should be understood that my views are not a reflection of the official policy/opinion/views of any governmental agency including the Department of Defense or United States Air Force. They, like everything else on this blog - unless otherwise cited - are of my own belief/observation)

I've noticed something since the class start date. Maybe it's just my flight, but I don't remember when I've been surrounded in an academic/training environment as a student by as many commited, dedicated, and professional individuals. I'm pretty thankful for the other 13 people in my team here. Regardless of how things turn out, I know that I'll take a lot from this course, mostly from the interaction and discussion with my teammates.

That has really been a theme, though, of so many other assignments or duties I've had. Specifically, that the environment created by the people working around me as well as my own personal contribution is directly proportional to how positive the experience was overall.

What are your thoughts, if any?
God bless ya'll! - David

1 comment: