Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What I did my Christmas break

An essay, by David:

On my Christmas break, I met friends and family, travelled near and far, worked a little bit around the house, spent lots of money, watched a bunch of movies, but most importantly, I accepted a challenge by a friend and completed it last night.

So, I'm a grown-up LEGO enthusiast.  That's OK, I'm coming to grips with this.  In a recent conversation (with the same guy that challenged me to get Mac Powell to sign a penny) this chaplain challenges me to broaden my LEGO horizons beyond monorails and quaint villages into the realms of the unknown, or more appropriately, a time, long ago, in a Galaxy far, far away.  Basically, he said that only the coolest kids build LEGO Star Wars models and never wasted time with uncool things like monorails (of which I have an impressive collection).  Anyway, I took on the "are you really cool?" challenge and spend three days slowly pieceing together something I am extremely happy with.  It is a scale replica of R2-D2, standing 10 inches tall, with working legs and rotating head.  Hopefully it is "cool" enough for my friend; feel free to tell me what you think!  Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment