Saturday, December 20, 2008

This is how the Lord works

(MP) - I arrived at Kansas City Intl' at 0645 - 15 minutes before the first opportunity to fly to Memphis to reach a connecting flight to Montgomery (my confirmed flight wasn't until 1715). Of course the attendant at the counter said everything was booked - so I took my boarding pass (for eleven hours later) and went to the 0700 flight gate. A quick inquiry at the desk revealed a late departure (0720) and seats available - Praise the Lord! I arrived in Memphis at 0845 and quickly jetted to the gate for the next flight to Montgomery. They took my C.C. and put me on standby. All passengers boarded and lo and behold, there was my second new boarding pass for the day. A quick call to Rachel and a little over an hour later, I was in her arms along with the kids - Praise the Lord! I'd arrived about 10 hours early and now I could witness "Narnia", a play put on by our church to support the building program as well as share a dinner with my family and some great work friends who had invited them over - Praise the Lord! I had a full day with family and friends behind me - an hour before I was originally intended to actually land at home, during Christmas travel! That's how the Lord works.

No comments:

Post a Comment